Wednesday, June 1, 2016

10 Years Later

Well here we are, June of 2016. It's hard to believe that 10 years ago was the day that Kirby's Dream World first opened. So much has happened during this last decade, and now I'm left looking back on how this small fan project changed so many lives. Never once did I think that things would turn out the way they did, but because of that I made so many wonderful memories I'll never forget... But enough of that. There's really not much I can say here that hasn't been said before, so let me get right to what I wanted to say.

With KDW turning 10 on June 7th, I just wanted everyone to know that nothing is changing with it. Last year we held an event for the 9th anniversary (which had quite the turn out), but this year it won't be something as big. KDW will simply be online as it has been for the past year, and anyone who would like to reflect on the past is more than welcome to log in. Originally I had planned to have last years big event to happen this year instead, but honestly I wasn't sure if we would still be around another year. With the (then) upcoming release of Windoes 10, there was no guarantee that KDW would still run on it. Well, thankfully things turned out fine, and VB6 (which is what KDW runs off if) is still one of those things that "just works" with the new OS.

Anyway, things haven't changed, and things won't be changing. While we are no longer in active development, new content is still added from time to time, and a handful of members still populate the world every so often as well. We know that while KDW may be extremely outdated by today's standards (or even standards from 10 years ago), there are still those out there who love it, and we want to continue it as long as possible. KDW is a world that was built by hundreds of fans over the years, and that's something we don't want to throw away anytime soon.

So anyway, happy birthday KDW, and I hope to see you guys again on the 7th. 

3 comments :

  1. I'm so happy to see that the game hasn't been forgotten at all. I have invited some friends to play the game and one of them plays it almost every day!

    ...well, after his game decided to bug out and now he can't login anymore.

    It would be great if the server gets rebooted so he can join the game again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please help i cant join what should i do
    it gives me errors and kicks me out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The server's IP has changed. Go to the most recent news post for more information. https://kirbysdreamworld.blogspot.de/2016/08/kdw-ip-address-change.html

      Delete